Thursday, June 2, 2016

June already!

Hi!  Well, I know I should have written this yesterday but I didn't get a chance.. Here we are in June.. Already!! How did that happen?  I'm feeling quite pleased with myself as I've managed to post 131 times (and mostly all with cards!) which is the most I have done since 2011!

The weather here in central Scotland is gorgeous.. warm and sunny.  (Which does probably mean this is our summer and June, July and August will be miserable!) But hey, staying positive, this year could be different!

The garden looks amazing, flowers and lush green grass (those professional treatments are paying off!), and BBQ is definitely the order of the day!

The down side of the good weather is that the crafting time becomes limited. But that's life, and fun in the sun is very therapeutic!

I've tried to cut down on the crafty spend this year. "Tried" being the operative word there!   I'm also trying new things and I'm really pleased with some of my recent purchases, including;

  • Polychromos
  • Distress Crayons
  • Peerless Watercolours
  • Kuretake Watercolours
  • Various Polkadoodle CDs, including the gorgeous "Soup" sets
  • Kim Dellow stamps for PaperArtsy (LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!)
  • Katzelkraft Stamps
  • Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics (PaperArtsy)
  • oh, and loads of new Stampin' Up!

I think my next focus needs to be to practice "mixed media" and "random".. I just can't seem to let go enough.. I try random and it looks like a pattern!  I do have a Gelli Plate so I think I really need to practice!

Oh, and now I'm on two Design Teams which is amazing fun!  I love crafty challenges and seeing all the amazing talent out there!   I really need to spend time on Pinterest looking back over all the great cards and techniques I have pinned.. I pin them then forget to look back!

I do love the Taylor Swift Pinterest Parody on YouTube.  If you've not seen it then here's a link.  I can soooooo associate with this!   "It's like I'm Martha Stewart... in my mind!"  Brilliant!!

Anyway.. have a lovely evening!



No comments:

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008