Monday, March 4, 2013

Birthday Elephant

Sometimes, when inspiration is playing a game of hide and seek you need to just take things back to basics.  I know that style and techniques evolve and it's easy to get into the routine of making things in a similar why.. and I think that's true of this card. I've been kind of stuck for inspiration recently - which is why I've started playing around with Art Journalling techniques - and thats really helped as I've had to look beyond the crafty supplies in my immediate reach..  and in doing so I found an old HOTP pad of paper.. Nice bright colours.. and that's what inspired me to make this card!   I really need to use/donate/sell the majority of my 6x6 and 8x8 pads.. (to make room for new, obviously).. so I will be continuing to search through the mountains of paper I have.. who knows what I will find.. or how it will inspire me?!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

This is nice I love the papers and the stamp

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008