Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pretty in Pink

Hello!  I hope you are having a good week! It's been a lovely day here.. cold, but dry!  And, for some unknown reason, the traffic on the commute to and from work today was not quite so bad a normal.  So all good!

Been having a play with another Saturated Canary image. Coloured with Polychromos and Copics. I've kept this quite simple but did add some lovely flowers. 

I'm so looking forward to the weekend as last weekend was such a "challenge"!

Here's something I always wonder.. how long does it take my fellow crafters to make a card?  I know a simple ready made topper type card is easy to put together (10 to 20 mins perhaps?) but how long does it take you when you are hand crafting all/most of the elements and colouring the images?  I find Copics/Promarkers fairly quick (30 mins or so) but using Polychromos is taking quite a bit longer - over an hour for some images depending on the detail.  Not that that's a bad thing.  It's very relaxing to lose yourself in the colouring! 


I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges;




2 comments:

Colleen said...

this card could not be any cuter nor the coloring any better!. I love how your layered all your pieces with the solid background paper and those flowers really draw your eye to the stunning image! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely terrific colouring! Well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008